Thursday, September 27, 2007

5 people...hmm...

This has to be one of the more thought provoking question I have ever been asked. The first person I would like to meet would be my mother's sister's husband, which is my uncle (obviously). I never got to meet him because he died while I was like two or three years old. He seemed to be a great guy from what I have heard of him, but I would have a better idea for myself if I met him myself. I guess the second person would probably be Winston Churchill. Starting by saying I do not know why, but I seem to believe that the experience would be a great one. I know that was not a good reason, but I have to say this is my blog, so get over it.

The third person I would like to meet would probably be William Shakespeare. The only reason behind my choice would have to be because everyone believed he did extraordinary things. Personally, I believe that he was an ordinary man with an extraordinary talent: he could write well beyond reason and/or he spent a ridiculous amount of time on editing and writing. At this point I have written two in-depth papers on the life and works of this famous English author; furthermore, I have scored over one-hundred on each report, so I say my background on his life and background remains very knowledgeable. Based upon all the research I have done on his life, I can confidently say that I have found conclusive evidence from many different respectable source that suggests that his works are the results of a career, not a passion. Like my post about Albert Einstein, I would take any chance I get just to find the reasoning behind his writing.

The last two persons would have to be totally random, only because I have never given it any thought. The fourth would probably be Enrico Fermi. One of the greatest scientist of his time, Fermi remains a better master of science than the infamous Thomas Edison. One of the greatest calculations ever made was the one he made at the Trinity Base Camp while performing a test of the first and most devastating product of the Manhattan Project. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, the Manhattan Project was the first attempt at harnessing the power of atomic fission for surgical and methodically purposes put forth by the United States government. The product of these studies, the first of which is the subject of this story, changed history forever: the atomic bomb. Before the 16Th of July, no one had any clue as to what would happen when an atomic device was detonated on the ground. Speculation gave way to no explosion(s) to lighting the vapor of the Earth's atmosphere on fire. Though we all know what the result was, the experiment, which he viewed ten miles away from ground zero, astounded him; nonetheless, what he did during the experiment proves his true genius. Fermi took a few six feet pieces of paper and dropped them during the period between prior to detonation and aftermath. Using this and the lateral shift of the paper, Fermi calculated the blast to have a power of that equivalent to 10,000 tons of dynamite. It would be later calculated that the blast had a power of 19 kilotons, which is equivalent to 19,000 tons of dynamite. Using only paper and his brain, Fermi made one of the greatest calculations of his time and history, and was only off by a factor of two (something many dimwits cannot accomplish even with computers). No further explanation required.

The last person would probably be the person who was the first hobo, only so I can make sure he knows the impact his kind had and has on the world.

No comments: